Size charts can help online stores that sell clothing or apparel reduce returns, increase conversions, and improve customer satisfaction. Over 30% of online shoppers return items because they received the wrong size or fit.
But, creating and managing size charts can be challenging and time-consuming, especially for large inventories with different sizes and measurements. Size chart apps like Avada Size Chart help you create size charts with pre-made templates or custom designs and place them on your product pages.
However, Avada Size Chart may not suit every store. Some users have reported issues with the app’s speed, compatibility, language support, and customization options. If you are looking for a better size chart solution for your Shopify store, you may want to check out some of the top alternatives to Avada Size Chart. In this article, we will review some of the best size chart apps that offer different features, pricing plans, or design options.
Why look for alternatives?
AVADA is a popular Shopify sizing chart app. But there are a few drawbacks that can prevent you from getting the most out of it.
- For some themes, the AVADA size chart app drastically increases the page load times. Slower speeds can reduce conversion rates for your ecommerce store thus reducing the store revenue.
- It has a limited number of pre-built templates (11) and customization options, which may not suit every store’s design or branding needs.
- It may not be able to handle complex size variations or conversions for different regions or markets, which can cause confusion or errors for customers.
These are just three limitations that may hinder your customer’s purchase journey. If you want a size chart app that offers complete freedom of customization, does not slow your site down, and has additional features to m
Top AVADA Size Chart alternatives for Shopify stores
If you want a size chart tool that offers more than just the basics, this list of the best AVADA size chart alternative apps is all you need.
1. Kiwi Size Charts and Recommender
Kiwi helps online stores to create and display size charts, guides, and personalized size recommendations for their products. It uses machine learning to provide accurate sizing suggestions for customers, resulting in lower returns and higher sales.
It also allows users to customize their size charts with multiple tables, images, videos, tabs, and more. If you have existing size chart images, webpages, or CSV files, Kiwi makes it easy to import and use them from within Kiwi will all the added functionality.
With Kiwi, you can create size charts and offer sizing recommendations for various product categories, such as apparel, footwear, pet collars, and snowboards.
Kiwi Sizing has many features that make it stand out from other sizing apps. Here are some of them:
- Flexible size chart layouts: Kiwi offers multiple size chart layouts to suit your store’s style and design patterns. You can choose from existing templates or custom-create your own layout. It also helps you add tabbed charts and more to make the size charts more intuitive and readable, no matter the device.
- Advanced product matching: While other size chart apps require you to manually add the chart code for products, Kiwi takes a different approach. You can set up rules for different charts and the size chart will automatically appear on the product pages. For example, if you have a set of T-shirts that follow the same measurements, you can create one chart and apply the chart to all T-shirts.
- Size recommender: One of the most unique features of Kiwi is it’s AI-powered size recommendation engine. Instead of requiring your customers to find a size in a table, Kiwi asks a few questions to the user and recommends an appropriate size. This recommendation is made based on the actual measurements of your size charts.
- Data analytics: Kiwi also integrates with Google Analytics to give you insights into how many users clicked on the size charts or used the size recommendation. This makes it easy for you to set up goals in Google Analytics so you know exactly how many users clicked through the size chart and purchased the product.
- Import and export: Already have size charts on your website? Kiwi can help you import those charts no matter the format—images, webpage, or CSV. You can also build from scratch giving you complete flexibility on how your product sizes are displayed.
Pros and cons of Kiwi Sizing
- Offers clean size charts, guides, and personalized size recommendations for various products, especially apparel.
- Helps reduce returns and increases sales by helping customers find the right sizes.
- Flexible size chart layouts with unlimited customization and automatic unit conversion.
- Fit finder (AI-size recommendation) engine so customers can find the right size without read charts.
- Based on the many user reviews on the Shopify app store, Kiwi has excellent customer support that has gone above and beyond what was required to fix the issue and help customers get the best out of Kiwi.
- A few users mention compatibility issues, however, a quick chat with the support team has helped them resolve it.
Kiwi has three pricing plans to suit your needs:
- Free plan: Kiwi starts free for you to test it out. You can have 2 active size charts in the free plan. Along with that, you have access to basic customization, automatic unit conversion where users can choose the units, and product matching features.
- Premium plan: When you upgrade to Kiwi Premium for $6.99/month or $65.88/year, you can create unlimited size charts, advanced layouts, auto unit detection and conversion by buyer location, and Google Analytics integration. The upgrade also removes the Kiwi watermark under the size charts.
- Ultimate plan: The Ultimate plan costs $12.49/month or $119.88/year and saves 20%. You get everything in the Premium plan plus the AI-size recommender, size recommender input data analytics, and 30 days of in-app analytics.
Reduce sizing-related returns
Try Kiwi Sizing Charts and give your customers the right size, every time.
Try Kiwi for FREE
“Great app with a lot of options to choose from. Support is fast and very helpfull. They can fix a lot of things like lay-out changes. I would recommend this app! It’s also very easy to use.”
– Wolf Fashion, Netherlands
2. Best Fit (BF) Size Charts
Best Fit Size Charts helps online stores to create and display unlimited size charts with an easy and intuitive interface. It also allows you to change how the website looks
BF Size Charts, like Kiwi, also supports multiple product categories like shoes, shirts, bras, hats, rings, necklaces, and more. With its recent updates, you can also customize the position of the charts on your Shopify 2.0 themes using app blocks.
BF Size Charts & Size Guides helps you reduce returns, increase conversions, and provide a better shopping experience for your customers. Here are some of the features of the app:
- Unlimited product size charts: BF Size Charts helps you create as many size charts as you need on the paid plan. You can choose which products, collections, tags, or vendors you want to display your size charts on.
- Responsive design: Since a majority of the users are shopping from their mobile phones, responsive size charts are critical. The size charts you create with this app are automatically responsive to the screen sizes so you do not have to worry about mobile user experience.
- Easy to use and install: You don’t need any coding know-how to get started with size charts. Just copy and paste the sizing data in a tabular format from Excel, Google Sheets, or a CSV file and you’re good to go. The app automatically places the size charts that you choose on the product pages.
- Compatible with Store 2.0 themes: With the latest update, Shopify 2.0 themes have made store design even more flexible. BF Size Charts is compatible with the new themes giving you complete freedom on the size chart placement.
Pros and cons of BF Size charts
- BF Size Charts has an easy-to-use interface allowing you to create and edit size charts quickly and efficiently. Simply choose the templates, icons, and fonts to match your store’s style and theme and your size charts are ready to go live.
- You can add descriptions, tips, and pictures along with the measurement tables that will make your charts more informative and engaging at the same time.
- The integration with Shopify 2.0 themes allows you to place the size charts anywhere on your product pages. You can place them right below or above the add to cart button so users can quickly check for the right sizes before proceeding to purchase.
- BF Size Charts do not offer a conversion feature where end users can convert between units. You either have to create multiple size charts or add information below the size chart on how the sizes convert.
- A Shopify user review mentioned the unexpected and unrecoverable deletion of all the size charts they had custom-made for their products.
The app has two pricing plans.
- Free: The free plan lets you create 2 free size charts with no watermark and basic customization options. If you’re trying out different apps, this plan is perfect.
- Premium: The premium plan costs $3.99/month. The upgrade unlocks all the features of the app including unlimited size charts, custom size chart placement, size chart icon customization, and more. You also receive priority support with the upgrade.
3. Ultimate Size Chart
Ultimate Size Chart is a comprehensive size chart app and a good alternative to AVADA Size Charts. Apart from the basics like adding custom measurements, multiple units in a single chart, and color customization, Ultimate size charts also make it easy to go deep into the customization features and create a size chart that exactly fits your store theme.
Some of the features of the Ultimate Size Chart are.
- Multiple size charts with templates. Similar to other apps on the list, Ultimate Size Charts has pre-built templates that allow you to quickly put together your size charts. You can also create multiple size charts that can be applied to your products without any code edits required.
- Automatic unit conversion. If you sell internationally, this feature is critical. Users want to know the measurements in their local units and it can make it difficult for buyers to convert units before proceeding with the purchase—thus lowering conversion. Automatic unit conversion solves this problem and helps you provide your customers with the right sizing information in a format they can easily comprehend.
- Popup or tab display options. Instead of simply showing plain tables on the product page, you can also add tabs or popup the size chart for a better user experience.
- Easy text, color, font, and style editing. Ultimate Size Charts also helps you customize the design of the chart based on the styling and colors of your website. You can customize the fonts, text size, colors, background, and more without playing with code.
Pros and cons of Ultimate Size Charts
- Ultimate Size Chart is easy and convenient to use. It integrates with a variety of Shopify themes without any issues and makes it easy for store owners to add size charts for all their products.
- Similar to the other apps on the list, Ultimate Size Charts offers various templates and customization options to allow flexibility of size charts for different types of ecommerce stores.
- All the units of measurement are automatically converted between metric and imperial and end-users can switch between the units as required.
- The app has been reported to have issues displaying the size charts properly on iPad and mobile. This can be an issue if a majority of your customers are Apple users.
- The app can leave code residue in the theme after uninstalling, which can affect the store’s performance or appearance.
- Multiple users reported that customer support isn’t as responsive and can take a while to get back with a solution.
Ultimate Size Charts offers a single pricing plan at $5.99 per month. This plan offers all the features of the app without any additional charges. While there is no free plan, you can sign up for the 30-day trial to see if this app is the right fit.
4. ESC Size Charts & Size Guide
ESC ‑ Size Charts & Size Guide is a Shopify app that helps you create and display size charts and size guides for your products. It aims to reduce return rates and increase customer confidence by providing clear and accurate sizing information.
You can create different size charts for different products or categories, and customize them with text and images. You can also show your size charts on your product page or in a popup window.
Some of the features of the app are:
- Table generator: The easy-to-use table generator within ESC lets you create simple sizing tables for your products. You can also copy-paste data from an Excel, Google Sheets, or CSV file into the app and create the sizing table.
- Text and images: Why stick to just text and HTML? With this app, you can easily make sizing charts that have images that improve readability and experience. Adding images of the product being measured or keeping the product nearby known objects can help customers get a perspective of the size of your product.
- Popup or inline: Depending on your store design and user experience requirements, you can choose to add the size charts inline or let them pop up when a user clicks on them.
- Mobile responsive: While a majority of users shop from their mobile phones, having a mobile responsive size chart is no longer an option. Fortunately, ESC creates mobile responsive charts without additional configuration required.
- Shop app integration: The Shop app is the latest addition to the Shopify suite of tools for ecommerce enablement. If you are already selling on Shop, ESC’s size charts can help you showcase your size charts to users on that app as well.
Pros and cons of ESC
- You can create as many size charts and guides as you need with ESC once you upgrade to the paid plan. Then assign them to specific products or categories using product tags. You do not have to manually add the size charts to specific products.
- The table generator is simple to use. You can either create the tables using the built-in table editor or copy-paste data from an Excel sheet to create the size charts.
- You can also customize the look and feel of your size charts to match your store’s theme. Being mobile responsive, you do not have to worry about your customers having to scroll the charts to find their sizing and measurements.
- You need to add code to your product page template file. While the app provides instructions to get this done, it may be intimidating for users that have no experience in coding.
- Since the support team is in the UK, you may experience delays in response because of the time zone differences.
This app offers two pricing plans:
- Free plan: The free plan is great for small stores. It allows up to 3 size charts with custom text and images.
- Premium plan: The premium plan costs $4.99/month. With this upgrade, you can add unlimited size charts to your product pages. All features of the free plan are included here plus, you can remove the watermark, as well as import and export charts directly from external sources.
5. Clean Size Charts: Size Guide
If you’re looking for a simple size chart alternative to the AVADA Size Charts app, you may want to try this one. As the name suggests, the app is designed to have a clean and minimal design that does not interrupt the user’s journey. That may also mean the customers may miss the size chart altogether.
Fortunately, the app allows custom CSS configuration to make the size chart button pop and be more visible on your website. You can assign the chart to specific products or product categories and more.
Some of the features of the Clean Size Charts: Size Guide app are:
- Easy-to-use size chart builder: Apart from Kiwi, Clean Size Charts is one of the fewer apps that you can set up without editing any theme files. Users can get set up in less than 5 minutes and give their customers the right fit every time.
- On-page size chart placement: With Shopify’s new 2.0 theme update, you can place the size chart button anywhere on your product pages.
- Assign size charts to specific products: You do not need to manually assign charts to specific pages which can save a lot of time if you have many products. Simply select the category, collection, product location, or tags to assign the chart and you’re good to go.
- Desktop and mobile optimized: No matter what device your customers use to visit your store, the size charts will always work as intended.
Pros and cons of Clean Size Charts
- Multiple reviews on the Shopify app store say that they find creating size charts with Clean Size Charts easy as no code needs to be added to theme files.
- The design is clean and elegant, and users can customize the size charts to match their brand guidelines.
- Clean Size Chart is responsive by default and will display the size charts perfectly well no matter the device.
- Multiple users mentioned that they received fast and helpful responses from the support team.
- There is no automatic unit conversion feature. This can make selling internationally difficult using the Clean Size Chart. Users need to switch between charts to view their local units. This is quite a hassle when there are other apps that automatically change the units based on where the user is located.
- There is no fit recommender feature like Kiwi Sizing Charts. While you can work without it, this feature can add to the user experience and make it easier for your customers to move further down the purchase journey.
- Free plan: The free plan is available for up to 2 size charts and up to 100 orders per month. It limits the number of presets to 6. You can also customize them with basic styling options. Do note that like many other apps, the free plan has a watermark under the size charts.
- Premium plan: The premium plan costs $6.99 per month and allows you to create unlimited size charts for unlimited orders. You can choose from the entire set of 18 size chart styles or create custom size charts with images and layouts. You can also display specific size charts by country, add custom CSS, and integrate with Google Analytics.
Try Kiwi’s free tier to experience the flexibility and customizabilit, today.
Install Kiwi for FREE
“The best size chart I have seen on Shopify and the impeccable service will not disappoint you!”
– Zee Abayas
Quick Comparison of AVADA Size Chart vs alternatives
To make the comparison easy, here’s a quick list of the key features, pricing, and value for money of each alternative to AVADA Size Chart.
1. Kiwi Size Charts and Recommender
- Flexible size chart layouts
- Advanced product matching
- AI-powered size recommendation engine
- Data Analytics and Google Analytics integration
- Import and export functionality
- Free plan (2 active size charts)
- Premium plan ($6.99/month or $65.88/year)
- Ultimate plan ($12.49/month or $119.88/year)
Value for money: Kiwi Size Charts and Recommender offers excellent value for money, especially with its unique AI-size recommendation feature and data analytics integration.
Best for: Stores looking for a comprehensive size chart solution that includes automatic unit conversions, geo-location-based unit display, interactive size charts, and advanced features like AI-powered size recommendations.
2. Best Fit (BF) Size Charts
- Unlimited product size charts
- Responsive design
- Easy to use and install
- Compatible with Store 2.0 themes
- Free plan (2 free size charts)
- Premium plan ($3.99/month)
Best for: Businesses looking for an affordable and easy-to-use size chart solution.
3. Ultimate Size Charts
- Multiple size charts with templates
- Automatic unit conversion
- Popup or tab display options
- Easy text, color, font, and style editing
- Single pricing plan at $5.99 per month (with a 30-day trial)
Best for: Businesses looking for a customizable size chart solution with unit conversion capabilities.
4. ESC Size Charts & Size Guide
- Table generator
- Text and images support
- Popup or inline display options
- Mobile responsive
- Shop app integration
- Free plan (3 size charts)
- Premium plan ($4.99/month)
Best for: Businesses looking for a versatile size chart solution with Shop app integration.
5. Clean Size Charts: Size Guide
- Easy-to-use size chart builder
- 18 preset styles and custom design options
- Assign size charts to specific products or collections
- Desktop and mobile optimized
- Google Analytics integration
- Free plan (2 size charts, up to 100 orders per month)
- Premium plan ($6.99/month)
Best for: Shopify store owners who want a clean and customizable size chart solution with Google Analytics integration to track size chart impressions and opens.
Chart your path to success with the right size chart app
Finding the perfect size chart app for your Shopify store can be intimidating. With so many choices at your fingertips, you must navigate through the alternatives carefully before finalizing one for your store. Remember, over 30% of online shoppers return items due to incorrect sizing, making it crucial to pick a size chart solution that reduces returns, increases conversions, and improves customer satisfaction. You need an app that is easy to use, flexible, and accurate.
That’s why we recommend you try Kiwi Size Charts and Recommender. It’s a free size chart app that lets you create fully custom size charts. You can also switch to a paid plan to use the AI-based size recommendation feature that helps your customers find the best fit based on their weight, height, gender, and preferences—a feature to reduce size-related returns and increase sales.
Switch to a better size chart experience
This app is very easy to work with and has lots of features. The support team is fantastic!! Highly recommend it
– Devoteewear, Canada
Try Kiwi Size Charts and Recommender today and see the difference for yourself.