When it comes to finding the perfect pair of glasses, it’s essential to get the right fit. That’s why measuring your face for glasses frames is crucial. In this guide, we’ll take you through the step-by-step process of measuring your face for glasses frames so you can find the perfect pair of glasses for you.
Why Measuring Your Face is Important for Glasses Frames
How well your glasses frames suit you depends on various elements, such as the broadness of your face, the length of the arms of the frames that rest on your ears, the width of the part of the frames that sit on your nose, and the height of the lenses. Ill-fitting glasses can lead to pain, headaches, and even vision issues. Getting the right measurements can help you avoid these problems.
But for most online stores, you only need to determine if the size of your frame is small, medium, or large. Let’s see how you can find these sizes and then move to also measuring your face for the right fit.
Materials You’ll Need
Before measuring your face for glasses frames, you’ll need a few materials:
- A credit / debit card (for measurement)
- A mirror
- A friend or family member to assist (optional)
Measuring Your Face for Glasses Frames at Home (Easy Way)
Let’s get right into the steps to measure your face for glasses and frames. You’re going to wear the glasses for the entire day and a good fit is absolutely necessary.
Step 1: Grab your card and stand in front of the mirror
Place the debit card flat on your nose, covering approximately half of your nose in the mirror. Ensure that the debit card is below eye level so you can accurately see where your eyes end compared to the card.
Also, do not lay the card against your face. The only contact the card has with your face is at the midpoint of your nose.
Step 2: Note where the card ends
Depending on where the card ends compared to your eyes, you can get the approximate length of your frame. Let’s see what the measurements for Small, Medium, and Large lens sizes look like compared to the card.
In the above example, you can see that the card’s end goes beyond the end of the eye. If this is you, go for a small-sized frame.
Here, the card’s end is quite close to the end of the eye or visually touches the corner of your eye. If this is you, a medium-sized lens would be a great fit.
If you see that your eyes extend beyond the card’s end, you need a large pair of sunglasses.
Step 3: Get the perfect-fitting glasses for your face
With this information, you’re all set to try a new pair of glasses. Stores generally sell Small Medium and Large frames and the above information should be enough to get you the right-sized glasses.
Take the Guesswork Out of Glasses Sizing!
Measuring your face for glasses frames can be tricky, but with Kiwi Sizing, it doesn’t have to be. Our accurate size charts take the guesswork out of glasses sizing, making it easier for you to find the perfect fit. Don’t settle for ill-fitting glasses – try Kiwi Sizing today and discover your perfect fit!
Try Kiwi for FREE
“I used this app for my store, It is easy and very customizable. Support was very helpful and was fast. Would Highly reocmmend”
– Symito, United Arab Emirates
While this is a simple method to get you a great fit, you can also measure your face with a measuring tape. Here’s a quick summary of the steps:
To determine your glasses size, take the following measurements:
- Measure your face width by placing a ruler across your face, measuring the distance between your temples. The face width ensures frames that fit your face shape and size.
- Measure your temple length by placing a ruler from the temple to the back of your ear. The temple length ensures arm lengths that keep glasses comfortably in place.
- Determine your bridge size by measuring the distance between your eyes, just above the nose. The bridge size ensures a comfortable fit and prevents sliding or pressure points.
- Measure your lens height by placing the ruler at the bridge of your nose and measuring to the bottom of the lens. The lens height provides maximum field of view and optimal vision correction
Do note that this may not be required unless you’re getting a custom frame built. Stores that sell pre-made glasses frames have a set of general sizes to choose from and that’s when this easier method
Tips for measuring your face for glasses
Here are some useful tips for measuring and ordering eyeglasses:
- Measure to the same point on both sides. When measuring temple length or lens height, measure to precisely the same spot on both the left and right sides. This ensures the eyewear will sit evenly and comfortably.
- Measure in millimeters for the most precision. Measurements like bridge width and lens height should be measured in millimeters for the greatest accuracy. 1 inch = 25.4 millimeters.
- Measure your current glasses. If you currently wear glasses, measuring your current pair can provide a good reference point for lens sizing for your next pair. Measure the lens heights and bridge width of your current glasses.
- Consider your frame choice. The style of frames you choose can also impact the measurements. Larger frames typically require greater lens heights and wider bridges, while smaller frames need shorter and narrower ones.
- Ask about adjustment options. When ordering new glasses, ask about frame heat sizing and adjustment options. Proper adjustment and fit are essential to comfortable eyewear, especially for the first few days. Frames that can be professionally heat-sized and adjusted will provide the best fit.
Find Your Perfect Fit: Measure Your Face for Glasses Frames Today!
You’ve made it to the end of our guide on how to measure your face for glasses frames! By following these steps and tips, you’re well on your way to finding the perfect pair of glasses that fit you like a glove.
But what if you’re a store owner selling glasses online? How can you ensure your customers find the perfect fit, just like you did?
That’s where Kiwi Sizing comes in.
Kiwi makes it easy for store owners to provide accurate sizing information to their customers so that they can make informed purchasing decisions.
Selling Glasses Online?
Great Customization and Awesome Customer Service! Love the app and it does everything it needs to do.
– Bomens, Canada
Incorporating Kiwi Sizing into your online store can increase customer satisfaction and reduce returns. It’s a win-win for both you and your customers. So, what are you waiting for? Start measuring your face for glasses frames today, and don’t forget to check out Kiwi Sizing for all your sizing needs!