Shopping for children’s shoes can be a daunting task, especially when dealing with different sizing systems used in various parts of the world. In order to make this process a little easier, it is helpful to have a conversion chart that can assist in determining the correct shoe size for your child.
International Children’s Shoe Size Conversion Charts
The following charts provide a comparison of children’s shoe sizes in the United States (US), the United Kingdom (UK), and Europe (EU). We’ve also included the measurements in inches and centimeters for accurate reference.
International Shoe Size Conversion Chart for a Baby
International Shoe Size Conversion Chart for Toddlers/Kids Aged 1 to 5
International Shoe Size Conversion Chart for Kids Aged 6 to 10
Tips for Choosing Proper Fitting Shoes
- Measure your child’s feet properly: It is important to measure your child’s feet regularly, as children’s feet grow quickly. It is best to measure their feet when they are standing and to measure both feet as one foot may be slightly larger than the other. Measuring your child’s feet will ensure that you are purchasing the correct size shoe for them.
- Compare the shoe size with the proper measurements: Once you have measured your child’s feet, you can compare their measurements to the shoe size chart provided by the manufacturer. This will help you determine the correct size of shoe for your child.
- Check the width of the shoe: Feet come in different widths, just as they come in different sizes. So, not only you should measure the length of the foot but also the width, a shoe that is too narrow can cause discomfort and pressure on the toes, and a shoe that is too wide can cause the foot to slip and slide inside the shoe. It is important to find a shoe that fits well in both length and width to ensure the best fit for your child
- Check the brand’s size charts: Each brand may have slightly different sizing, so it is important to check the brand’s size chart to ensure that you are purchasing the correct size shoe.
- Try on shoes at the end of the day: According to Harvard Health, children’s feet tend to naturally expand during afternoons. It’s best to try on shoes at the hottest time of the day to ensure the shoes fit perfectly well throughout the day and leave room for the feet to move and breathe.
How to measure a kid’s feet for the perfect-fitting shoes?
When it comes to buying shoes for children, getting the right fit is crucial for their comfort and foot development. Measuring children’s feet can seem daunting, but with the right tools and steps, it’s a simple process. Here are the steps to measure your kid’s feet for the perfect-fitting shoes.
- Place a piece of paper on the floor and have the child stand on it with their heel against a wall.
- Use a pencil to trace around the child’s foot, making sure to keep the pencil as upright as possible.
- Measure the distance from the longest toe to the heel of the traced foot.
- Repeat the process for the other foot, as one foot may be larger than the other.
- To measure the width of the foot, measure the distance across the widest part of the traced foot.
- Compare the measurements to a shoe size chart to find the appropriate shoe size.
With the steps here, you can ensure that your child’s shoes fit properly and provide the necessary support for their growing feet.
Also, read this detailed guide on how to measure shoes if you need more information on getting the right-fitting shoes.
As a parent, it is important to keep in mind that children’s feet can grow up to an inch per year, which equates to two shoe sizes. To ensure proper fit and prevent irreversible damage caused by poorly fitting shoes, it is crucial to measure your child’s feet regularly, compare the measurements to our comprehensive kids’ shoe size chart, and opt for the larger size if in doubt.
FAQs About International Sizing Charts
What is size 10 in children’s shoes?
US size 10 children’s shoes are equivalent to 6.5 inches or 16.5cm in length.
What is size 20 in children’s shoes?
European size 20 children’s shoes are equivalent to US size 4.6 with the measurements being 11.7 cm (4.6 inches).
What is size 21 in children’s shoes?
European size 21 children’s shoes are equivalent to US size 5.5 with the measurements being 12.7 cm (5 inches).
What is size 22 in children’s shoes?
European size 22 children’s shoes are equivalent to US size 6 with the measurements being 13.3 cm (5.25 inches).
What is size 23 in children’s shoes?
European size 23 children’s shoes are equivalent to US size 7 with the measurements being 14 cm (5.5 inches).
What is size 24 in children’s shoes?
European size 24 children’s shoes are equivalent to US size 8 with the measurements being 14.6 cm (5.75 inches).
What is the international size for a US size 11 child’s shoe?
The international size for a US size 11 child’s shoe is 28. This is the equivalent of a UK size 10.
What is the difference between US and UK sizes?
US sizes are generally one size larger than UK sizes. For example, a US size 4 is equivalent to a UK size 3.
Are there any additional considerations when ordering shoes from abroad?
Yes, when ordering shoes from abroad, you should take into account any additional sizes or measurements that may be used in the country you are ordering from. For example, some countries may use centimeters or metric sizing instead of the standard US or European sizing. Additionally, you should make sure to factor in any additional shipping or customs fees that may apply.
“The best size chart I have seen on Shopify and the impeccable service will not disappoint you!” – Zee Abayas
Try Kiwi Sizing Charts for FREE today.
Check out other international size conversion charts
- Bra Size – International Size Conversion Charts
- Women’s Dresses – International Size Conversion Chart
- Men’s Clothing – International Size Conversion Chart
- Women’s Clothing – International Size Conversion Chart
- Kids Shoes – International Shoe Size Conversion Chart
- Children’s Clothing – International Size Conversion Chart