When buying T-shirts online, it is important to take accurate measurements to ensure a better fit.
You can measure a T-shirt to find its size and length by laying it on a flat surface and using a measuring tape. You can also measure your body to figure out which sizes work best for you. It's easy to take these measurements and well worth your time.
Below is a simple guide on how to take the measurements properly.
Steps to Measure a T-Shirt
- Neck to shoulder: Measure from the middle of the neck to the tip of the shoulder.
- Sleeve length: Measure from the shoulder seam to the end of the sleeve opening.
- Shoulder: Measure from the point where the yoke meets the sleeve, to the same point on the other side. It’s the length from one shoulder to another.
- Chest: Measure from the bottom of the armpit of the T-shirt, to the bottom of the other armpit.
- Waist: Measure the waistline from one side to another.
- Hem: Measure from one side to another.
- Shirt length: Measure from the highest point of the shoulder to the very bottom of the T-shirt.
- Sleeve cuff: Measure the length of the sleeve cuff.
Steps to Measure Your Body
Measure your shoulder width: Have a partner help you measure the shoulder length. Stand up straight with your shoulders relaxed. Find the shoulder points where shoulder meets the arm. Measure the length between the shoulder points. The measuring tape will not be horizontally straight during the measurement. It must bend along the curve with your shoulders.
Measure your chest: Stand up straight with your arms hang down in a relaxed, natural pose. Measure around the fullest part of your chest. Tight up under the armpits and over the shoulder blades.
Measure your waist: Stand up straight in a relaxed, normal position. Run the tape around the narrowest part of your natural waist. This is usually where the belly button is.
Measure the T-shirt length: Measure from the base of the back of your neck, down your back to the point where you would want the T-shirt to be.
Tips for Taking Measurements
- For T-shirt measuring, take all measurements lying flat on a clean floor or table.
- Measure twice to ensure the most accurate measurement.
- Record measurement to the nearest ¼ inch. Remember that lying flat measurements are generally doubled (e.g., lying flat waist of 13.5″can be understood as a 27″waist) so a ¼ inch could make a difference.
- Each country has its own sizing standards. No worries, you can choose the size based on your measurements and find the corresponding sizes on different size charts.
To reduce the return rate after a successful sale, we also recommend that you use Kiwi Sizing AI Size Recommender as a size chart tool. It will recommend the most suitable size of products for customers to reduce return rate, help you decrease the cost of the return, and to create a positive cycle of your e-commerce business.
- Official Website：https://www.kiwisizing.com/
- YouTube Tutorial：https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQpP0NIIALWyMIa6NrFH3dw
- Demo Website：https://demo.kiwisizing.com/