When shopping for clothing and shoes, it is important to find the right size to ensure a comfortable and successful purchase. However, size charts can vary between countries and brands, making it difficult to determine the right size.
You need to look up international size charts to determine the most accurate size for your choice of clothing. That’s why we’ve gathered size charts for a variety of clothing and apparel categories in one simple and accessible place.
International size chart quick guidelines
To determine the right size for your clothing, you need to either:
- know the proper size as per your country’s sizing standards
- Know the accurate measurements for each size based on the international size charts
The easiest way is to identify your size from an existing piece of clothing and compare it with the international size conversion charts.
However, since this may not always be possible, we also have a set of articles that teach you how to measure different pieces of clothing.
Women’s international size conversion charts
We’ve added multiple women’s international clothing size charts here and we’ll continue to add more as we go along.
Women’s clothing size chart
This chart includes American, English/British, Italian, French, German, Japanese, and Russian sizes.
|Alpha Sizes||USA||UK/AU/ NZ||Italy||France||Germany||Japan||Russia|
|XL / 1X||14||18||50||46||44||19||52|
|1X / 2X||16||20||52||48||46||21||54|
For more comprehensive charts with detailed measurements for each size, visit this women’s international clothing size chart writeup that we have created.
Women’s international dress size conversion chart
|International||US size||UK size||EU size|
The sizing system for women’s clothing varies between different countries.
When it comes to international women’s clothing or dress sizes, it can be a headache trying to figure out what size to buy. Different countries and regions use their own size systems, which can make shopping while traveling a bit of a challenge. However, with a little bit of knowledge, you can make sure you’re buying the right size no matter where you are in the world.
How to measure women’s dresses?
Measuring for a dress can be a bit more complicated than measuring for other types of clothing, as there are many different measurements to take into account. Here are the steps to measure a women’s dress:
- Bust Measurement: Wrap a measuring tape around the fullest part of your bust, making sure to keep the tape parallel to the floor. Record this measurement.
- Waist Measurement: Wrap the measuring tape around the narrowest part of your waist, making sure to keep the tape parallel to the floor. Record this measurement.
- Hip Measurement: Wrap the measuring tape around the fullest part of your hips, making sure to keep the tape parallel to the floor. Record this measurement.
- Shoulder Measurement: Measure from the tip of one shoulder, across your back, to the tip of the other shoulder. Record this measurement.
- Torso Measurement: Measure from the top of your shoulder, down the front of your body, to the desired length of the dress. Record this measurement.
- Sleeve Length: Measure from the top of your shoulder, down your arm, to the desired length of the sleeve. Record this measurement.
- Compare your measurements to the size chart of the dress you want to purchase to ensure the best fit.
We’ve covered the complete steps to measuring a dress along with many FAQs related to the topic. So do check it out.
Don’t wear the wrong-sized dresses. We’ve covered women’s international dress size chart comprehensively which will help you get the right size no matter where you shop from.
Women’s international bra size chart
Bra cup size conversion chart US, UK, Europe, France, Spain, Japan, and Australia
How to measure yourself for the perfect fitting bra?
Here’s a step-by-step guide to finding your American bra size:
- Under-bust measurement: Measure the circumference of your ribcage, just under your bust. Round this measurement to the nearest whole number. For example, if you get a measurement of 33.5 inches, round it up to 34 inches.
- Band size: Measure the under-bust measurement and round up to a whole integer. After rounding, if it’s even, add 4 inches. If it’s odd, add 5 inches to get the US band size. For example, if the measured under-bust is 29 inches, your band size is 34.
- Bust measurement: Measure the fullest part of your bust and round to the nearest whole number.
- Cup size: Measure the bust size and round to the whole number. Then calculate the difference between bust and band size then check the following list.
When it comes to international bra sizing, there are numerous different sizing charts used around the world. So to get the right size, it’s important to not only know the conversions between cup sizes, but also the band size measurements to get the perfect fit.
Find the detailed international bra size conversion charts which include the bust and underbust sizes and how they combine to give you the perfect cup size.
Men’s International size conversion charts
These international men’s clothing size charts are separated into size charts for men’s tops (shirts, dress shirts, jackets, blazers, and coats) and men’s bottoms (pants, trousers, dress pants, and shorts)
Size conversion chart for men’s shirts, t-shirts, jackets, blazers, or coats
Size conversion chart for pants, jeans, and bottoms
How do I measure men’s clothing size?
To measure your men’s clothing size, you will need a tape measure. Here are the measurements you will need to take:
- Chest measurement: Measure around the fullest part of your chest, keeping the tape measure parallel to the floor.
- Waist measurement: Measure around the narrowest part of your waist, keeping the tape measure parallel to the floor.
- Torso length measurement: To get the perfect length, measure from the highest part of the collar to the right where the t-shirt ends. Make sure to measure in a straight line from the top to the bottom.
- Inseam measurement: If you’re measuring men’s pants, you need the inseam length too. Measure from the top of your inside leg at the crotch to the bottom of your ankle to get the perfect inseam.
Do all retailers use the same size conversion chart for men’s pants?
Generally, most retailers use the same size conversion chart for men’s pants. However, it is best to check with the specific retailer to confirm their size conversion chart.
What is the best way to find out the size conversion chart for men’s pants?
The best way to find out the size conversion chart for men’s pants is to search online for the size conversion chart or to check with a specific retailer.
If you want more comprehensive charts with centimeter and inch measurements, want tips for proper sizing, and have questions that need to be answer head right over to our men’s international clothing size conversion charts article.
Kids International Size Conversion Charts
Kids sizes are generally applicable to both girls and boys until their teenage. That’s because kids grow to similar sizes until puberty. Here are some international size charts for kids.
International Shoe Size Conversion Chart for a Baby
International Shoe Size Conversion Chart for Toddlers/Kids Aged 1 to 5
How to measure a kid’s feet for the perfect-fitting shoes?
When it comes to buying shoes for children, getting the right fit is crucial for their comfort and foot development. Measuring children’s feet can seem daunting, but with the right tools and steps, it’s a simple process. Here are the steps to measure your kid’s feet for the perfect-fitting shoes.
- Place a piece of paper on the floor and have the child stand on it with their heel against a wall.
- Use a pencil to trace around the child’s foot, making sure to keep the pencil as upright as possible.
- Measure the distance from the longest toe to the heel of the traced foot.
- Repeat the process for the other foot, as one foot may be larger than the other.
- To measure the width of the foot, measure the distance across the widest part of the traced foot.
- Compare the measurements to a shoe size chart to find the appropriate shoe size.
If you have questions regarding kids’ shoe sizes, or want to go through a complete writeup that talks about measurements, tips for measuring, and answers multiple FAQs, we’ve covered it in this international kids’ shoe size chart guide.
Kids’ international size conversion chart for children’s clothing
These sizes are applicable to both boys and girls as they grow to similar sizes until teenage.
|US (age-based)||UK (age-based)||European||Australian|
|0-3 m||50-56 cm||0-3 m||0000|
|3-6 m||56-62 cm||3-6 m||000|
|6-9 m||68-74 cm||6-9 m||000|
|9-12 m||74-80 cm||9-12 m||00|
|12 m||12 m||80 cm||0|
|12-18 m||12-18 m||80-86 cm||1|
|2T||18-24 m||86-92 cm||2|
Kids’ international size conversion chart for pants, jeans, bottoms
|Age||US Size||US Alpha Size||Weight (lbs)||Height (Inches)|
How to measure children’s t-shirts?
- Lay your kid’s existing, well-fitting t-shirt flat on a surface.
- Measure from the highest point of the shoulder (where the seam meets the collar) to the bottom of the shirt. This is called the torso length.
- Measure from one end of the sleeve (at the seam) to the other end of the sleeve (at the seam).
- Measure across the chest from armpit to armpit.
- Measure from the top of the shoulder (at the seam) to the end of the cuff.
We’ve covered the steps to measure t-shirts in detail in another article.
What is the difference between ‘toddler’ and ‘infant’ sizes?
Toddler sizes are generally used for children ages 2-5 and infant sizes are used for children younger than 2 years old. The sizes are typically labeled on the clothing tags, but if not, you can use the above chart to determine the size for each age group.
What is the difference between ‘girls’ and ‘boys’ sizes?
Girl and boy sizes are generally the same, however, boy sizes may be slightly bigger. The sizes are typically labeled on the clothing tags, but if not, you can use the above chart to determine the size for each gender.
If you’re looking for a more comprehensive guide that answers many FAQs, ofers tips, and has the accurate measurements in cm and inches, check this children’s international clothing size chart guide.
Using images for size charts? Switch to the interactive, ADA-compliant size charts today
Traditional image-based size charts are not ADA-compliant and can make it difficult for customers with visual impairments to determine their size. At Kiwi Sizing, we understand the importance of accessibility and have developed a solution that offers an easier and more inclusive way to shop for clothing and shoes.
“The best size chart I have seen on Shopify and the impeccable service will not disappoint you!” – Zee Abayas
Upgrade to a more accessible and convenient shopping experience.
Try Kiwi Sizing Charts for FREE today.